We assist you throughout your decision-making process and until you set up a business in Trinidad and Tobago.
Find out more
Setting up a business in Trinidad and Tobago is quite straight forward.
The Government of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago (GORTT) encourages foreign direct investment in almost all sectors, with specific focus on the non-energy targeted sectors.
Trinidad and Tobago's success in energy has fueled its rapid development into one of the most industrialized and cost-effective nations in the Caribbean and Central America.
Trinidad and Tobago is a twin island republic situated below the hurricane belt, at the southern-most end of the Caribbean archipelago.
Edan K. Properties manages many complex projects - from purchase to conceptualization, financing and site development. In its role as facilitator, InvesTT has worked alongside Edan K. and played a significant role over the years in the fast-tracking of processes required to implement multi-faceted development projects.
InvesTT facilitated company registration and access to import duty concessions for equipment, engaged the Ministry of Energy & Energy Industries on the placement and inspection of their LPG tanks as well as facilitated smooth entry at Immigration for foreign engineers needed to install equipment and train local staff.
Located in St. Augustine Trinidad, Virtana Inc. is an outsourcing company that delivers high quality robotics software solutions to international technology companies, utilizing engineering graduates based in Trinidad and Tobago.
This position will focus on the development of InvesTT’s relationships with the range of approval agencies and stakeholders to fast track investor applications, resolve investor issues and remove impediments to operationalizing investments. The Officer will support the senior BFO in pursuing the relevant strategic interventions to ensure investments become operational in a timely manner and support Investment and Aftercare Officers to advance projects in their pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities: The incumbent will be required to:
1. Assist Aftercare and Investment Officers to help resolve business issues related to current MNC’s and domestic businesses that meet threshold for facilitation, in order to retain and grow current investments.
2. Establish and maintain relationships with key personnel at investment approval agencies towards the timely implementation of investment projects.
3. Utilize high levels of initiative, creative problem solving and consistent follow through in leveraging a network of government, regulatory and service provider experts, to create clear procedures and solutions for investors.
4. Develop and update comprehensive process maps and other investor self-service tools for the facilitation and approvals processes, in various formats.
5. Perform liaison services by coordinating and attending meetings with the investor at the relevant local agencies.
6. Ensure follow up with agencies to expedite and obtain updates on applications made by Investors.
7. Consult on the relocation of foreign employees, hiring of personnel and relevant services (e.g. work permits, visas, real estate etc.)
8. Collaborate with relevant Account Managers on matters related to proactive Investor Management.
9. Support the Investments and Aftercare Departments with all aspects of Investor Facilitation including facilitating and attending site visits, responding to RFI’s, providing detailed advice and information related to operational issues prior to the commencement of any investment.
10. Demonstrate high levels of initiative, follow up and problem solving to mitigate challenges faced by investors.
11. Assist in the preparation of the Quarterly Policy Advocacy and Investment Monitoring Reports, as well as Reports for Line Ministry, plans and divisional budgets.
12. Comply fully with the Company’s policies and procedures, and adhere to the Company’s Core Values and Charter of Business Ethics by daily demonstration of associated behavior.
13. Perform any other duties as required by the job function.
Or any other equivalent combination of qualification and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
HOW TO APPLY
All interested, suitably qualified applicants should submit their resumes by November 29, 2021.
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged.
Subject: Vacancy - Business Facilitation Officer