ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Collections Agent will be working with a dynamic team, with responsibility for:
- Collect payments on past due invoices.
- Deal with customers diligently, courteously, and professionally while collecting payments.
- Call customers using the telephone.
- Consistently follow-up by calling or sending emails.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Collaborate with accounts receivables staff regarding the collection of payments.
- Inform clients of overdue invoices and the amount currently owed.
- Advise customers on alternative payment plans.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Listen to the customer's story and determine if the invoice can be collected.
- Record new commitment to repay debt.
- Adhering strictly to customer policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payments or accounts.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an inbound/outbound or telemarketing environment.
- Should be able to display confidence in interacting with customers, also can persuade & negotiate
- Previous collections agent experience required – B2B collection experience preferred.
- Should possess patience and diligence and good organizational skills.
- Experience in enacting recovery plans and strategies to prevent losses.
- Have exceptional ability to communicate with merchants to negotiate payment plans.
- Exceptional recordkeeping and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time with little supervision.
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles and get results.
- Ready to join immediately or within 30 days.